At Devonshire Hotels & Restaurants we are committed to providing excellence in customer service and superior comfort at all our properties whilst upholding our dedication to help preserve and protect our natural environment and our planet...'Luxury without sacrifice to the environment'.
Our most recent endeavour has been to minimise our use of disposable plastic. We are gradually phasing out plastic straws and stirrers and have already stopped giving out plastic bottles of water to departing guests. Our water is some of the best in the world anyway so it is available, iced at reception for you to fill your containers for your journey onwards. We are working on having no plastic waste by 2020.
We aim to minimise our carbon footprint as much as possible. We currently:
- Use paper made from sustainable sources.
- Use energy saving light bulbs throughout the hotel wherever possible.
- Recycle all glass, paper and plastic.
- Food waste goes to anorobic digestion to create power.
- Utilise the internet and email as a means to distribute information such as newsletters, brochures and letters.
- Use eco friendly powders and green chemicals to wash all towels in The Devonshire Spa and hotel laundry.
- Make use of our very own Fruit and Vegetable garden and local food suppliers wherever possible, reducing food miles.
- Send as much Kitchen waste such as waste fats for environmentally friendly re-cycling
- We manage a bee hive in the kitchen garden to encourage the bees to pollinate the many flowers, fruit trees and berries.
- All our staff have an environmental induction on joining the hotel to outline the importance and to educate them on the recycling initiative that are in place within their department and as a general throughout the hotel.
- We have an environmental committee and conduct meetings every 3 months to drive new ‘green’ ideas
- Encourage guests to forget all about their car whilst staying with us. The natural breathtaking beauty of the 30,000 acre Bolton Abbey estate is walking distance with over 80 miles of footpaths with ample space to enjoy the fresh air.
Let’s Be Social
Visit our social media pages.
Be the first to hear about offers and events.Subscribe Now